Sunday, May 3, 2020

Catawba, Saponi, Melungeon, and What Happened to the Esaw/Yesah people in Indian Teritory/Oklahoma?

I have a book. I don't think it will ever get published. I had a publisher, but she told me nothing but lies -- I won't try again. I am too old to go through that again. I printed up a few copies, comb bound; on my own, in case anyone was interested. It is $25+$5 postage and handling=$30. Send to Vance Hawkins, 1316 N Willard St., Altus, Ok, 73521. Or contact me at Vhawkins1952@msn.com

The book closely follows the outline below that can be followed just by using the links provided

Catawba, Saponi, Melungeon--

 and What Happened to the Esaw/Yesah people in Indian Territory/Oklahoma?



Chapter 2 -- English Explorers

Chapter 3 -- Indian Slavery in Virginia

Chapter 4 -- The Indian Slave Trade in South Carolina

Chapter 5 -- The Tuscarora Wars, The Yamassee War, and the War of Jenkins Ear

Chapter 6 -- The French and Indian War, 1754-1763

Chapter 7 -- The Cheraw, the Pedee, and Small Pox

Chapter 8 -- The Saponi

Chapter 9 -- One Band of the Saponi Becomes the Melungeons

Chapter 10 -- The Revolutionary War

Chapter 11 -- The Melungeons

Chapter 12 -- Identity Crisis

Chapter 13 -- The Sun Rises in the East and Sets in the West   

Chapter 14 -- Congressional Document

This is copyrighted, but I'll let anyone use it -- just put in a good word for me :). There are so many fake or made up histories out there it is important for me to hve the TRUTH out there as well. There are other parts I'd like to add but this is most of it. I may add addendums later -- ie -- a list of Catawba chiefs, an newspaper article about a man who is called a Catawba Chief from Magoffin County, Ky, et cetera.

I am old and tired, and probably won't be doing any more research. But you never know . . . :)


2 comments:

  1. Are you familiar with the chapter on the Texas Community in Lorand Matory's "Stigma and Culture: Last-Place Anxiety in Black America"? I am irresistably curious about p. 250, where it says, "...in a conspiracy that occurred between 1726 and 1729, African Americans and Saponi Indians in Virginia were allies against white oppression."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I am not. Do you have a link to where that book can be purchased? I'll look for it, too. Thanks.

      Delete